Fuel and Machinery
- Snowcats use diesel, so we try to minimize the use of it. In order to do this, we switched out cat fleet from Bombardier to Pisten Bully snowcats – which are more fuel efficient.
- We generate electrical power by diesel generator. We have an exhaust pipe water boiler on our generator and it heat supplies about 30% of our heating needs (heating our workshop and staff quarters).
- In the summer our generator is only runs for a couple hours a day
- We have an oil/water separator, so in the event of a hydraulic hose breaking and spilling oil in the snow, we can shovel up the contaminated snow, and get the oil out of the environment.
- We have ultra efficient propane boilers to heat our lodge.
- We have switched from 2 Stroke to 4 stroke and e-tech snowmobiling (less emissions).
- We recycle all of our garbage except organics.
- We collect all our food scrapes and feed them to our two onsite pigs
- We donate the profits from our recycling (about $800 year) to an orphanage in the Philippines – Action International Ministries.
- All of our meat is ethically raised and comes from local farms.
- We also try to source some of our produce from local producers as well.
Charities and Clubs we support
Mustang Powder Lodge works hard to be a good corporate citizen. The focus of our charitable donations are varied – with a balance of local causes such as the Revelstoke Women’s shelter and the Skmana ski club; Provincial groups such as Power To Be and BC adaptive; and international groups such as the Nepal Earthquake relief and Polar Bears International. Each year Mustang makes donations in excess of $20,000.
- Halt Cancer at X a foundation that donates to cancer research.
- Ecology Project International which helps improve farming methods in the Central and South America.
- Power 2 Be an organization that takes disadvantaged kids into the back country – kayaking, hiking etc.
- BC Adaptive a program that get disabled persons skiing.
- Revelstoke Caribou Rearing in the Wild – a society that is working to save the endangered species – Mt. Caribou.
- BC Horse Trials Young Riders – The Equestrian 3-day event is the all-round equestrian sport that tests the horse’s and rider’s courage, training and athletic ability. We make annual donations to the BC organization that helps with the training and travel costs for promising young competitors.
- Chase creek Horse trials – The Equestrian 3-day event is the all-round equestrian sport that tests the horse’s and rider’s courage, training and athletic ability. We are principle sponsor of the Chase Creek Horse trials which takes place every May Long weekend near Kamloops, BC.
- KSER scholarship fund – This fund was created by Canadian World Champion and Olympic skier-cross medallist Kelsey Serwa. It is a self-sustaining bursary that will help Kelowna Secondary student graduates who excel in both academics and athletics.
- Polar Bears International
- Thompson Rivers University – we sponsor their Ski guide training program.
- Skmana Cross country Ski Club
- Action International Ministries – Supporting Orphans in Philippines
- Revelstoke Women’s Shelter
- Canada Red Cross Nepal earthquake Relief Fund
- Kelly Brush Foundation – A New England society that gets disabled people skiing.